August 7-11, 2017
Camp Survive is a 5-day junior high camp open to students who have completed grades 6, 7, or 8. Activities at camp include talks, music, daily Mass, Reconciliation, Adoration, games, swimming, archery, laser tag, survival training, and more!!! The registration fee includes meals, a t-shirt, activities, and lodging.
Registration Fee: $250 (registration changes to $270 after July 14, but camp fills up, so register early)
Open to: Students who are in Grades 6-8 this school year (2016/2017).
Registration will open April 18, 2017. Please read the important notes below before registering.
Important Notes on Registration:
1. At this time, Camp Survive is only available to students who live within in the boundaries of the Diocese of Duluth. We apologize to those living outside of our diocese but space is limited and we have more students interested in the camp from our diocese than can attend. Thank you for understanding. Last year we had a non-resident waiting list but we were not able to add anyone from that waiting list so we do not want to give false hope that your child will be able to attend.
2. When you register, you will make a password. Please remember this password and the e-mail address you used to register so you are able to log back in to check your balance, make payments, and register for future events.
3. As you are completing registration, you are sent to the registration confirmation page. Do not check the box within the yellow rectangle agreeing to the “Active Advantage Program” or it will sign you up for a 30-day "free" trial and automatically give you a membership that includes a yearly fee if you do not cancel in time.
4. When you register, you will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail from Active.com. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION E-MAIL from Active.com, please e-mail Annette Merritt to make sure you are registered and we have your correct e-mail address and that your child is actually registered. We cannot add more students after the camp is filled because you assumed the registration went through. If you cannot find the confirmation e-mail, please check your junk e-mail box. Thank you! The Packing List/Confirmation Letter and Map to Big Sandy Camp are included as links in the registration confirmation e-mail.
5. A non-refundable $50 deposit is due at the time of registration. The total cost is $250 (before July 14). After you register, you will be able to make payments in your account at https://campsself.active.com/DioceseofDuluth. All payments are due by Friday, July 21, 2017. A refund of all but the $50 deposit and a $10 fee is available until July 14. The deposit is non-refundable. There are no refunds after July 14. You may substitute someone else to fill your place until July 21. After July 21, you may not have a substitute attend in your place. Substitutes may be limited by gender as we get closer to the camp start date.
6. Students are not allowed to have their cell phone with them at Camp Survive. Parents, do not send phones with your child. Phones are available in case of emergency. If you need to get a hold of us, there is a note and phone numbers on the packing letter you will receive as a link in your confirmation e-mail.
AFTER READING THE ABOVE NOTES, you may register. Registration will open April 18, 2017. Please check back then.
Map to Big Sandy here
DULUTH BUS: Please check back to see if there will be a bus from Duluth to and from Camp Survive. This service is arranged by a Duluth area youth minister. No information is available at this time. Please note: If there is a bus, you will probably be asked to pack a carry-on bag lunch for Monday (no peanut foods, please) and a little money to stop for lunch on the way home Friday.
Junior Counselor Application
Students that have completed grades 10-12, during the 2016-2017 academic year may apply. The application deadline is Monday, March 6, 2017. For an applicant to be considered we must have both the application, with the written essays, and referral form returned to us. Applicants will be notified in April as to whether or not they have been accepted to serve. Students from outside the Diocese of Duluth, may apply but priority goes to those living in the diocese.
JC Referral Form
Prayer Team Application
Students that have completed 9th grade during the 2016-2017 academic year may apply. The application deadline is Monday, March 6, 2017. For an applicant to be considered we must have both the application, with the written essays, and referral form returned to us. Applicants will be notified in April as to whether or not they have been accepted to serve. Students from outside the Diocese of Duluth, may apply but priority goes to those living in the diocese.
Prayer Team Application
Father Michael Schmitz
Diocese of Duluth
2830 E. 4th Street
Duluth, MN 55812
• Youth Ministry
• Totus Tuus
• Junior High Rally
• Camp Survive
• Forms & Flyers
• Confirmation Retreats
• YM Meetings
• Jr. High Retreat
• Mission Trips