Previously Scheduled for January 7-9, 2022
Due to COVID transmission rates and to follow our guidelines for youth events, the TOBIT Coordinators made the decision to cancel TOBIT 2022. TOBIT was to be held January 7-9, 2022. Thank you for understanding.
Please keep praying for the health and safety of everyone.
Keep TOBIT in mind for next year!
Winter is tough. So is high school. So join us for a winter retreat this January!
Discover God's plan for love and life!
The Theology of the Body Immersion for Teens (TOBIT) retreat will tentatively be held Friday, January 7th through Sunday, January 9th at Big Sandy Camp near McGregor, MN.
Join us for a weekend retreat as we delve deep into Saint John Paul II's teaching on Theology of the Body. We will delve into some of the deepest questions of human existence, including:
* What is the meaning of Life?
* Why did God create us male and female?
* What kind of joys await us in heaven?
* Why is there evil and how do we overcome it?
* How do we experience the love we long for?
Mass - Talks - Adoration - Praise & Worship - Confession - Games - Sledding - Bonfire - Friends - Small Groups!
There will be one track this year for all participants.
Time: 6:00pm Friday - 2:00pm Sunday (Event cancelled)
Cost: $165. The balance must be paid 1 week prior to the retreat (you will set up an automatic payment as "deposit + 1 payment" and the deposit is $0).
REGISTRATION opened Thursday, November 4th and is now closed.
Click here for 2022 Flyer
Diocese of Duluth Student Registration:
TOBIT is for those currently in Grades 9-12 who live in the boundaries of the Diocese of Duluth.
Important Notes on Registration:
1. At this time, TOBIT is only available to students who live within in the boundaries of the Diocese of Duluth. We are not able to invite those living outside of our diocese because space is limited and we have more students interested in the retreat from our diocese than can attend. Thank you for understanding.
2. When you register, you will make a password. Please remember this password and the e-mail address you used to register so you are able to log back in to check your balance, make payments, and register for future events.
3. When you register, you will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail from Active.com. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION E-MAIL from Active.com, please e-mail Annette Merritt to make sure you are registered and we have your correct e-mail address and that your child is actually registered. We cannot add more students after the retreat is filled because you assumed the registration went through. If you cannot find the confirmation e-mail, please check your junk e-mail box. Thank you! The Registration confirmation letter for TOBIT 2022 which includes the packing list and times are included as links in the registration confirmation e-mail.
4. A non-refundable $50 deposit will be collected later with your payments in a payment plan. No money is due at registration for now. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A PAYMENT DURING REGISTRATION in case we need to cancel the event in the near future. You will choose a payment plan during registration. You will set up an automatic payment as "deposit + 1 payment" and the deposit is $0. If your parish has given you a scholarship/fundraising code, please enter it during registration. If you forget, please contact Annette Merritt. All payments are due by January 1st. A refund of all but the $50 deposit may be available until January 1st. You may substitute someone else to fill your place until January 3rd. After that date, you may not have a substitute attend in your place. Substitutes may be limited by gender as we get closer to the retreat start date.
6. Students may not have their cell phone with them during the day at TOBIT. They are only allowed to check in with PARENTS on their cell phones at night. Phones are available in case of emergency. If you need to get a hold of us, there is a note and phone numbers on the packing letter you will receive as a link in your confirmation e-mail.
Please make sure you register using the child's name and not the parent's name. Thank you! Please remember to set up a payment plan during registration and not make payment at this time. Choose the "deposit + 1 payment" option.
At this time, TOBIT is only available to students who live within in the boundaries of the Diocese of Duluth. We apologize to those living outside of our diocese but space is limited and we have more students interested in the retreat from our diocese than can attend.
Registration is closed.