Victim Assistance Information

Victim Assistance Information


Sexual Misconduct

If you or someone you know has been the victim of sexual misconduct by a volunteer, an employee or a member of the clergy and you need to talk with someone about your feelings of betrayal or hurt due to this abuse, exploitation or harassment,

We urge you to:
1) Contact civil authorities
2) Contact the Diocese
3) Contact a Diocesan Assistance Coordinator

We are open to and respect your complaint.
While diocesan representatives are open to receiving your complaint, you may feel more comfortable contacting civil authorities first. Both justice and compassion, however, call us as diocesan officials to respond to the harm you or someone you know has experienced from a person in a position of trust. We sincerely want to listen and address the hurt that may have occurred because of the improper exercise of pastoral care.

Please know your complaint will be heard in confidence and only those who have a right to know will be informed. Even if civil authorities are involved, your complaint may go before the Diocesan Review Board in accord with our Sexual Misconduct Policy and Code of Pastoral Conduct.



Diocese Assistance Coordinator
Mr. Tab Baumgartner: 218-249-5495
Mrs. Esther Reagan: 218-820-9220

Diocese of Duluth
Office of the Vicar General
2830 E. 4th Street
Duluth, MN 55812