The Office of Marriage and Family Life for the Diocese of Duluth, in collaboration with other diocesan and community ministries is devoted to building up the Body of Christ by promoting a Catholic vision that celebrates and encourages the sacredness of love, marriage, family and the dignity of every human life from conception to natural death.
The Office of Marriage, Family, and Life of the Diocese of Duluth is sponsoring a Respect Life family poster contest. As a family, design a poster around the topic "Helping Moms in Need". Posters may be up to 8.5x14 inches.
Respect Life Family Poster Contest Guidelines
Theme: Helping Moms in Need
Be creative and include your whole family in the process!
- Entries should be in color
- Artwork must be original freehand – no copying or tracing.
- Artwork should be created on a piece of white, unlined paper up to size 8.5" x 14". Cardstock preferred.
- Acceptable media includes: colored pencils, crayons, pastels, markers, and tempera or watercolor paints.
- Do not fold your poster.
- Include a piece of paper taped to the back of the poster with family signatures and a brief description of what each member contributed. Also include the name of your parish, school (when applicable), home address, and phone number.
- All entries must be submitted to your local parish or Catholic school office and must be postmarked by Thursday, January 12, 2023.
- All parish and school entries must be submitted in the same envelope sent from the respective parish or school offices. Posters submitted directly by the family will be disqualified. Each Stella Maris Campus can send entrants for all campus.
- No more than three entries per parish, with an additional three entries possible per Catholic school.
- Failure to follow the contest rules will result in disqualification.
- Essays will be judged on theme, clarity of artistic message, and creativity.
- Family participation
- The contest director’s decision concerning the winners will be final. Ties will be handled by the contest director.
Prizes: First place - $250
Second place - $150
Third place - $50
Winning entries will be displayed in an issue of The Northern Cross and/or the Diocese of Duluth website.
Call Betsy Kneepkens at (218) 724-9111 with questions.
Weekend for the Engaged
We have restarted in-person Engaged Weekends. Engaged Weekends are part of the preparation for couples as they approach the Sacrament of Matrimony.
Upcoming Engaged Weekends:
- The schedule for 2023 Engaged Weekends will be available soon!
Women's and Men's Conferences
The 2022 Women's Conference and the 2022 Men's Conference were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the ongoing unpredictable nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, plans are placed on hold for future conferences. Safer options to deliver a different but similar experience are currently being explored. Stayed tuned for futher updates.
Fr. Anthony Craig
Diocese of Duluth
Office of Marriage, Family, and Life
2830 E. Fourth St.
Duluth, MN 55812
For Your Marriage
Bereavement Support for Parents Who Suffered a Child's Loss
Post Abortion Ministry